- What is the smallest organ in the human body?
- What is the longest bone in the human body?
- How heavy is the human head?
- What is the heaviest thing in the universe?
- Which part of your body weighs the most?
- What are the heaviest organs in the human body?
- What percentage of your body weight is your arm?
- What is a healthy weight for me?
- What is the heaviest external body part?
- What is the most useless body part?
- Which is heavier heart or brain?
What is the smallest organ in the human body?
pineal glandWhat’s the smallest organ in the human body.
You’ll find the pineal gland near the center of the brain, in a groove between the hemispheres..
What is the longest bone in the human body?
femurThe femur is one of the most researched bones in the human anatomy and forensic medicine. As the longest bone in the human body, it is well preserved in skeletal remains.
How heavy is the human head?
around 5kgBelieve it or not, the average human head weighs around 5kg or 11lbs. That’s more than most new-born babies and all that is balanced on just 7 vertebrae in your neck and supported by around 20 muscles that are responsible for moving your head around and keeping that weight in place.
What is the heaviest thing in the universe?
1. Black hole in galaxy NGC 4889. This unnamed intergalactic goliath is the current heavy-weight champion. Located in the constellation Coma Berenices about 300 million light-years from Earth, it has a mass 21 billion times greater than our sun.
Which part of your body weighs the most?
Weighing in on individual body partstrunk: 48.3 percent; 50.8 percent.thigh: 10.5 percent; 8.3 percent.head and neck: 7.1 percent; 9.4 percent.lower leg: 4.5 percent; 5.5 percent.upper arm: 3.3 percent; 2.7 percent.forearm: 1.9 percent; 1.6 percent.foot: 1.5 percent; 1.2 percent.hand: 0.6 percent; 0.5 percent.
What are the heaviest organs in the human body?
Six heaviest organs in a human bodyThe skin is the body’s first heaviest organ, with a mass of 4-5 kg, and a total surface area of about 1.2-2.2 m2. … The second heaviest is liver which secretes bile. … The third heaviest organ is the brain which is having an average weight of 1500g.More items…
What percentage of your body weight is your arm?
Segment Weight Data Set ComparisonSegmentQuantityPercentHead18.23Whole Trunk154.15Total Arm25.33Total Leg217.551 more row
What is a healthy weight for me?
According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH): A BMI of less than 18.5 means that a person is underweight. A BMI of between 18.5 and 24.9 is ideal. A BMI of between 25 and 29.9 is overweight.
What is the heaviest external body part?
skinThe largest internal organ (by mass) is the liver, with an average of 1.6 kilograms (3.5 pounds). The largest external organ, which is also the largest organ in general, is the skin. The longest muscle is the sartorius muscle in the thigh.
What is the most useless body part?
appendixThe appendix may be the most commonly known useless organ. While plant-eating vertebrates still rely on their appendix to help process plants, the organ is not part of the human digestive system.
Which is heavier heart or brain?
The brain of an average adult human weighs 1300 to 1400 grams. The heart weighs 300 grams.